Ways to Tell If You’re Wearing the Correct Bra Size
Our bra sizes can change radically over the course of our lifetimes, due
to diet, stress, menstrual rhythms, pregnancy, medication, and aging.
And you may not be the same size in every type and brand of bra! To see
if you are wearing the correct size, ask yourselves these questions:
1. Is the bra comfortable?
The bra shouldn’t make your back ache, poke you, or irritate your skin.
This seems like a no-brainer, but many women have gotten used to
wearing uncomfortable clothing, and often don’t realize that they can
have a bra that is pretty and comfortable, too -- it just needs to fit
2. Is the back strap pulling up? If so, the shoulder
straps are taking too much of the weight of the breasts, and the band
isn’t doing its job. Slip your straps down and see how much the bra
sags. It shouldn’t sag more than a little.
3. Does any part of your breast fall outside the cup? The cup is too small.
4. Is there a gap inside the cup? The cup is too big.
5. Does the section between the cups sit flat against the body? It should.
6. Does the bra leave marks on your shoulders at the end of the day? If so, the bra isn’t supporting you properly.
7. Are the straps falling down or do you keep having to tighten them? Chances are, the elastic is worn out.
8. If the bra is an underwire, does it sit directly under your bust and not ride too low? The wires should follow your natural shape, and not poke in any way.
9. Does the bra look droopy or out-of-shape? If it’s the proper size, it should fit snugly and look smooth.
If you have any of these problems with your bras, come on in and let
our certified fitters guide you toward a more comfortable, supportive
bra. You’ll feel better immediately!
Fitting Services at Confidentially Yours
An estimated 85% of women wear the wrong bra, so come to
Confidentially Yours for your next purchase to receive the proper fit. A
bra that doesn't fit can make you look older and heavier. A great
fitting bra does more than make your clothes look and fit better. It can
help improve your self image and self confidence. The CY staff is
trained to provide you with the best possible fit for a bra or swimsuit.
Confidentially Yours is certified by:
- BOC (Board of Certification) Certified Mastectomy Fitters. Ensures that CY has the highest standards in training its fitters.
- ABC (American Board of Certification) Facility Accreditation. CY received a perfect rating in all areas.
- Amoena and other leading manufactures.
Walk-ins are always welcome. However, if you need a mastectomy or
other custom fitting after 3 pm, please call to schedule an appointment
at (217) 366-0244.